Wednesday, August 06, 2008

the robe, the convo and the ugly

now why don't we all go to joe's blog and see the new IIUM's robe and its mortar hat.

I was so dissapointed with this new dress code thingy when I were first told that we are going to get a new design of robe last month. the colour now is not green anymore, we will not wear the songkok and the rehearsal is off. BOOOOO!!!!!

the best thing about IIUM convo is that it is different from other universities or colleges convo. the culture is different and so its line of programmes. before this the wearing of songkok is considered as the most distinguish feature of IIUM's convocation and its graduates. we all were really proud of it and can't wait to wear one. I even ordered and tailored made my suit for the convocation. and suddenly everything changed. from the green robe to blue which I think a dissapointment to everyone to the femoval of songkok!!!Songkok!!!why the hell did yo remove the songkok for and change it to that ugly looking mortar hat? dahla name mortar?????

now we all will look like other graduates from other universities... and probably look uglier and less glamorous than them. cewhh..I dispise you..

since i am still feel kindda down now i decided not to write about all the beautiful things about my feeling about the up coming convo just yet. I want to treasure this moment of dissapointment and hatred still before I move on to that.

1 comment:

Bambi Starlight said...

Hi Zarie! *Waves*

Hmm..have to be honest...the songkok makes all the guys from IIUM look really really "smart"..and memang lain ar..and although we girls complain about not being able to wear the cap and all, I have to admit that with the tudung and the line? It felt special and different and I came to love it the moment I saw it because..

Well, call it sappy but when the dress code is that different and distinct, you yourself realize that you are different and distinct..because truly, there are no other graduates like IIUM graduates..I honestly think that we're better than most and well, the convo dress code actually matched that idea.. :)

Saje nak sampok..hehe