Wednesday, September 17, 2008

History

I'm doing a research on the history of China and the history of Islam in China now. I went to my uncle's house last night and we discussed about his passion/business of collecting old manuscripts and Islamic based artifacts. He told me he just bought this one old manuscript (probably around 700 years of age) that was written way back during the early period of the coming of Islam in China. the book was apperently written by someone who only want to be known as the 'slave of Allah' and the book comes with 2 volumes.
we, then talked about brief history of Islam in China and some of the reasons why he is so passionate about collecting artifacts and old manuscripts. well, of all the reasons he gave me I think the best reason that managed to capture my heart was that collecting those things can give you hell lots of money. artifact of probably 300-500 years of age can get you more than 50 million USd if it is being sold to another private collector or museum. phewwww. nonetheless, i think the main reason for that sort of passion is simply because the value that people can garnered from the sense of appreciation in them towards those things. went back home at about 1.30 am with all the thinking of that interesting topic (excluding duit berjuta tu lakan).
my passion is theatre and I love theatre to the core of my bones...that's what I think of my passion:)
on the other hand, batuk tak baik2la pulak. mama cakap bahaya bole bawak ke T.B. takut jugak. sangatla malas nak makan ubat batuk dan sememangnya aku tak suka makan ubat. tapi kalo bole bawak tb lagi takut. dah beli ubat batuk cap ibu dan anak 2 hari lepas tapi tak makan jugak.haiiiiihhhh...
rokok kurang jugakla. stabil pengambilannya. sekarang sehari isap 2 batang tapi kadang2 3 batang jugak. mostly 2 batangla. the real challenge is bila ramadhan dah tamat. bila aku dah bole isap rokok suke ati aku. tapi macam manapun aku agak optimistikla dengan journey aku nak kurang kan merokok and maybe terus quit.hehehedede. insyallah:)

No comments: